Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mom's turn: Back in school...ME???

Okay – now they have scrapbook college believe it or not!! What I have gotten myself in elbow deep at MMU???
Welcoming the entire class...
our "sorority"...
They even have HOMEWORK! HUH…this is supposed to be fun. :-P All kidding aside – I’m taking several classes with a couple of great friends at a little store in Prairieville, LA. So far orientation and my first two classes, Bring it Back and Hip to be 1” Square, were great! Time was a bit of a crunch – but then that is my problem to begin with. I’m excited about the rest of the semester and hope to finally get to a point in scrapping that I feel “on top of it.”

My first class - Bring it Back: we worked with patterned sisscors and acrylic paints...hmmmm, now I remember why they are no longer fun!


SOOOOOOO...in my very first class I got an "F" for "does not follow directions." Kidding - there are really no grades. We were to bring pictures for an adult birthday...ooops, missed that part.

the cupcakes & candles are painted gold and then the icing is painted with pink polkadots...lovely trick she taught - use the end of your dry emboss stylis for perfect "dots." Several other items are painted in the layout as well - that was messy and took a long time to dry. Then you had to cut everything with your patterned scissors...my thumb went to sleep because of so much detail cut work!! AHHHH...not fun! I did enjoy the ribbon trick part, though. She showed us a way to "lace your mat."




The second class, "Hip to be 1" Square" was, you guessed it, all about the different ways to use a 1" square punch! We learned windows, photo tabs, photo corners, mosaic matting, 4" square, tiles, and frames...very useful!!! She also taught us how to make sure our punches were evenly spaced - awesome...no more ruler!





And the greatest part with every class is that she gives you ideas for all of your scraps. You end up with enough for 2-3 cards and 2 tags. FABULOUS! I never know what to do with all of those scraps!!!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! I'm glad you guys are going and having such fun. And bringing back such great ideas for me to scraplift! :^)