Monday, August 11, 2008

Mom's turn: And the doctor said...

I decided to give myself a round of doctor’s visit for my birthday – how masochistic is that, right?!?!?!?! I figured if I did it then I might actually remember to do them annually like you’re supposed to…and what better way to stay healthy and have even MORE birthdays. SOOOO – I started out with the eye doctor figuring that would be the least painful.
waiting prooved to be the most painful part

When I called to make the appointment they informed me that my previous doctor had retired and moved to Colorado several years ago…oh. Well that was embarrassing – tells you just how long it’s been since I’ve had an exam.
torture device of choice

So I asked them to recommend someone else. Thankfully everything is fine – no glasses necessary! My eyes are great!! WAHOOO…that seems to be one thing that is holding up on me with age :-/



However there is nothing quite like trying to drive home with dialated pupils...hmmm, perhaps next time I ought to enlist my HH as my chauffeur :-D

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I have the worst problem with dilated pupils! They don't un-dilate! They have to give me drops to reverse it because the dilation lasts longer than 24 hours on me. But the un-dilating drops BURN! Ouch!

Hmm....it's been a few years since I've been to the eye doctor - or any doctor for that matter. I guess I'll schedule appointments on my next birthday. ;^)