Monday, October 13, 2008

Mom's turn:What have I been up to?

Catching up on scrapping – WAHOOOOO! I have been super busy with classes and homework…they did NOT mention that when I signed up! It has actually been very productive, although after this semester is over I’m done for a while! So far I’ve done 6 classes and my favorite to date was the 6 pages in 60 minutes class. Although it was a whirlwind, I got lots of fabulous layouts accomplished! My least favorite would have to be either the Bring it Back class or the Floral Art class. Both produced fabulous layouts but with way too much time and stress attached to them! Unfortunately, I don’t believe I will use anything that I have learned out of either one again. I also loved the Hidden Photos class, I thought it was very creative and will save space by reducing the amount of layouts per vacation I have to do! I’m sharing some pictures of some of my completed projects; I don’t feel the pictures do them justice, though.

This first layout was done with a scrapbook kits from Memory Mania. It was part of the homework I had, and I think it turned out lovely. I used pictures from Mardi Gras of 1996...whew!
It was full of sparkly embellishments
and then of course I added stickles to make even more sparkles.
This was one of the original 6 layouts from the class.
more stickles:
and the technique was using your white gel pen to make things "pop" - I still loath my white gel pen. I don't care what brand you have, they never work smoothly.

Another of the original 6 - simple, yet elegant. Lots of layering for depth

and ribbons for detail.

and another one. I used this one for a tribute to my late uncle who passed away at Thanksgiving. Titled "One More Day", we used a clock transparency and lots of chipboard peaces for details.

along with a faux sewing technique requiring a template purchase for class.

another of the 6. This uses two 12x12 overlays.

using giant brads as flower centers to hold them to the paper. And more chipboard pieces & ribbons for details.

STICKLES...I love them. I used felt letters for the title.

first covered in crystal effects to decrease absorption and then stickles.

with added ribbons and stickles throughout the layout.

and the last of the 6 - perfect timing!

swirls & stickles...what more can you say for romance! This was our anniversary this year before we went to our bonsai class.
Okay - the Floral Class...tadah!
The art work was incredibly detailed, very difficult, and overly time consuming.
A tool kit was required and used to make all of the veins in the leaves & shapes of the petals from a punch, which we then painted and glued down.
Then we made our own flowers out of, you guessed it, another required template.
two gorgeous layouts...and I'm done!
This layout was taken directly from their Masterpiece book that I got for my birthday at our Birthday club...WAHOO, thank you Connie!

again, I used the crystal effects to make the words appear wet.
Another one from my super new book. This was homework for the Bring it Back class. I used our zoo trip
the idea behind this class was to refresh some old supplies - this was making a sticker 3-D, although he doesn't really show in the picture, he's mounted on pop-dots.

then I "painted" part of our brochure for the event with Pearl Ex, a fabulous product that Stampin' Up no longer sells. And the only way I've ever used floor wax ;-)

more homework from Bring it Back.

making chipboard pieces sparkly with emboss powder and the rest of the title was cut with my most awesome Cricut, that I got for Christmas a couple of years ago, then slathered in crystal effects for shine.

I also used the great new rub-ons from Stampin' Up and another technique learned from one of the greatest scrapbookers...reverse sparkling. You put tape on the back of a negative image, sticky side towards you, (again made with my fabulous Cricut) and then sprinkle on glitter. SMASHING!
Another homework assignment, this one from the class Hip to be a 1" Square using our moving day pictures and new address anouncement :-D
as you can figure out - different things to make with your 1" sqare punch besides a plain 1" square.
I made photo corners and covered them in my beloved crystal effects!

Okay - last one...and, unfortunately you get NOTHING from the pictures. This was the Hidden Photos class. I chose our Miami vacation because I have SO many photos from both times that we've been there.
This little accordian book holds seven photos when you pull it out.
and the chip-board slider...awesome. So much more is in the layout - it's just impossible to show online.
WHEW - hope you get some ideas and inspiration out of these pictures...I feel like I scrapped them all over again :-/ NAPTIME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

was a bottle of wine required for the class too? i would have to bring one! WOW! i don't think i could do the floral w/ the veins in the flowers! i'd be dragging stuff in from the garden!
it all looke like a million dollars baby!
you dun goooooood

Unknown said...

Girl, these were so gorgeous! I want to CASE them one of these days!!! Love all your bling!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the progress on your scrapping class! It all looks beautiful and I especially liked the floral ones...even though it's so much work. Dori

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, you have been very busy!
You have done some wonderful work for generations to come to enjoy.
I am very proud of you!
I love you, aj