Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

scar


she is having fun.. i swear



This year I was extremely ambitious picking out a pumpkin pattern to carve :-D
I picked Scar, from the Lion King, to carve. Well instead of having two shades of orange, he had three.
There were parts you cut out completely, then there were parts that were just pumpkin and THEN there were parts that you just shaved off some of the pumpkin skin. I was going to get my dad to do it.. but he is a little bit of a wimp when it comes to pumpkin carving. ;-)
Just kidding. He has helped me with many fabulous pumpkins in the past. He was just out of town. My mom was awesome though and did a very great job, and scar looks amazing. We also made roasted pumpkin seeds, like we do every year. You clean up the seeds put them in a flat pan then sprinkle some Tony's on them and bake them on low heat till they are golden and crisp.
Very delicious.

12 comments:

Trent Beach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trent Beach said...

I'll try again to leave a comment. LOL. Nice pumpkin carving, and when you get real good you can carve your Mom making that ugly face. Or maybe it will stay that way if she doesn't stop, and you won't have to carve it.

Anonymous said...

Cool - C

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Heather

Anonymous said...

wooooooooooooowwww!
that IS awesome!
i agree w/ trent & she's been told for years....keep making that face & it will stick!
i think you should send a pic of your scar to disney!
we love it!

Anonymous said...

Are you really eating PRUNES in one of those pics??? YOu are getting old!!!! HAHA
Kay

Teeny said...

uh - DARK CHOCOLATE COVERED prunes...does that count as old ;-) Thought I was working on my anti-oxidant fix :-D HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

the Scar pumpkin turned out awesome! Did you carve the other one full of holes? I was reading some on various squashes and gourds...I think I might like to grow some when we get a house. There are so many varieties and they are so beautiful. Did you grow any in the garden this year?
- Dori

Anonymous said...

Damn you two are carving pumpkins while I am planning the Thanksgiving Banquet for the Home School Assoc. I think I want to change jobs. The pumpkin is awesome.
- Michelle

Unknown said...

That is one ornate pumpkin carving! Great job.

Anonymous said...

great job!!
- M.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you how awesome your pumpkin was... made mine look like a kindergartner made it. ;-) Elizabeth