Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mom's turn: I had a bad day...

So I started off this Tuesday like all of the others for the past three months…at the doctor’s office. He told me that my foot was not responding to the injections, said surgery (again) was the next option, and scheduled an MRI. Wonderful! So feeling rather blue, I called my hubby and cried like any girl might do. He was my knight in shining armor, as always, and after trying to encourage me long distance (he was in Miami for work) he sent me roses with a beautiful sentiment on the card for a smile. That definitely made the day better.

Then to finish the day, my Epiphyllum oxypetalum, or Lady, bloomed a tremendous showing just to make me smile and have sweet dreams! With seven fabulous blooms, Teeny got 3 in her room and I got 4 in mine (after all, I do fertilize ;-D) to fill our dreams with sweet smelling and wonderful visions all night long. There is one lingering bloom waiting to open tomorrow night just for Travis’ return!

not a more perfect nightstand in history!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was smelling so hard that i have sniffed up most of the stuff in the house!
you have to figure out how to bottle that & mail it to me

Unknown said...

I am SO sorry to hear about your foot. :^( So sweet of your hubby to send you roses to help cheer you up. I need to come by and smell those Lady flowers! I keep hearing so much about them from you and Brookie!