Monday, October 13, 2008

Mom's turn: Clever Closets

Life before Gustav…I had a closet evaluation from the greatest organization place ever – Ultimate Storage Systems. Needless to say, I was totally pumped to get my two closets organized and more functional. One of the quirks of living in an older house is the lack of storage space available.
Our closet:
CHRISTINA's Closet:
Amy, the designer, had some really great tips: lots of shoe space for my many pairs of shoes (that match my pajamas so wonderfully) and plenty of hanging space for Teeny! Then Gustav put everything on hold for several weeks. The true test of patience. Finally the day came when the installation crew could come and put in the closets I had been dreaming about.

First we had to clean out both closets. So what better time to go through your stuff and get rid of some out of date and unworn items?
can I eat them if you don't want them??
Then Travis decided he would get a jumpstart on tearing the old closet out (although this was included in the new installation process, he just can’t stand not doing something).
what 'cha doin' Daddy???
The guys came and managed two complete closet systems in just less than 8 hours.
OH MY GOODNESS...her door shuts! Any company that do THIS for a teenager's closet is a miracle worker in my book!
It looked great…until I started putting things back in and then realized some problems. But I will say their customer service is outstanding and I would still highly recommend them. They came back out to look at my concerns and then sent someone out to fix everything that wasn’t to my satisfaction. I also ordered 3 more shelves for my shoes. NOW it’s perfect!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

put a lion's mane on trav there! he looks like he's rarwing i the closet!
now i won't have to make special trips from oklahoma to find your shoes!!!! hahahahahahaha
actually.....i'm coming back & i'm bringing stuff from my closet to yours, you have so much roooooooooom!

Unknown said...

That looks super! I'm so impressed!

Anonymous said...

The closets look great too! Dori