Saturday, September 27, 2008

BONSAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before
After
forest bonsai


I have always loved the art of bonsai! Bonsai, which literally means tree in pot, is a technique where you take a plant and give it the effect that it is very old but still keep it small. A few years ago we bought a bonsai, but we sadly killed it. They take a lot of special care and affection.

My grandpa and Mrs. Marion were going to a class in Mississippi and decided to surprise me and take me with them. I was REALLY exited. My parents also got to come. The really big surprise was that I got to pick out my own tree and start one at the class! I chose a Japanese maple. My dad decided to be ambitious and try two plants. And my mom, like me, got one! She got a crape myrtle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm a very curious kitty.....please post pics of all of the trees that you & your mom & dad brought home!
if you will, i'd like some more information about HOW to cut & tie the tree limbs & where to get the trees.
also, do i have to go to a class or can i " do it myself"?
allison's great grandma, mimi, did bonsai!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you and your family have the desire to do Bonsi.
It looks like fun, and you can use so many nice trees for the effect
you want.
I love you,
Have fun!
G. Judy

Unknown said...

You guys always do the most interesting things! I can't wait to see photos of your own bonsai trees.