Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mom's turn: On our way HOME!

We headed for that long trip home and the temperature started off at 38 degrees this morning. We were going to take a different route back, through Colorado, however plans were changed due to road closures from snow!! Hello – didn’t anyway tell these people it was almost summer? So we headed back through Texas…oh joy.
my RIGHT arm got fried...and my LEFT arm is still pasty white :-/
We got to see the Mojave desert, again, Arizona, again,
our friend, the Giant Roadrunner
and skirted Mexico – holding our breath the entire time to avoid the dreaded swine flu!
Christina got the giggles...over SOMETHING
The return trip was not all that…you’ve seen one cactus, windmill, dust devil, you’ve pretty much seen them all.
Mao slept...again :-D
One new spot we found on the way home, thanks to the iWant app on Travis’ iPhone – cool, was a coffee place called Kinley’s House. They had a drink called a white elephant…and yes, naturally I had to get it! It was the most delicious drink I’ve ever had and it’s a very good thing they are so far away or I would be the size of an elephant having within my grasp! My other favorite buy of the trip, aside from my (4th) elephant purse found on Haight St. of course, was my awesome $3 shoes with sparkles!! Truly a favorite

SPARKLES...I love sparkles!!

Overall, the trip was phenomenal! 15 days, 5 states, 4 people, two dogs, and one truck driven approximately 5,000 miles, with 26.2 miles ran, 16 miles biked, 5 miles hiked, and several more miles walked – we saw the United States in a way most people never get to experience it and we are very grateful for the opportunity.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you got to see Claire. She had already emailed me the photo, and you two look great. However, I did take the opportunity to look at your blog - you apparently also had a fabulous vacation. The redwoods are really overwhelming, aren't they? Congratulations to Travis on the marathon!!
Karl