Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mom's turn: On High

The last few days of a lovely vacation were spent relaxing, catching up on some much needed photo editing in preparation of getting my new computer, knitting an afghan I’m determined to have completed for Teeny’s graduation, and finishing a great book The Friday Night Knitting Club. The critics compared it to Steel Magnolias in a knitting shop…it was a great read and I highly recommend it.

However, somehow all of my vacations involve wearing goofy helmets!!! What’s up with that?!?!?! After we picked Teeny up from her last day at camp we decided to surprise her and take her hang gliding!! Once we got there I was lucky enough to be included, too. What an awesome memory! This time is was Travis’ turn to fur-babysit and take pictures :-D I went up first

Elen's flight

and Teeny was right behind me – so we were in the air at the same time.

Teeny soaring with a smile

Teeny and I had the most perfect weather you could hope for on a flight; we could see for miles and miles over the mountain tops!

another glimpse of Travis' turn

It’s an indescribable feeling – not scary at all…more like floating without any sort of feeling what so ever. Breathtaking…and another "highly recommended" activity!!! I’m glad I was able to experience something so magical in my lifetime…now time to “come back down to Earth” and drive the rest of the way home. And we couldn't get out of there without buying goofy t-shirts to commemorate our experience!

Elen's goofy shirt

Teeny thought "human lawn dart" was funny...HA

We got in around 1 am, ugh. Just in time to rest up for company :-D

0 comments: