Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mom's turn: Got butter?

Today was all about vegging and eating :-D We took the dogs walking down and then back up the mountain…that was a little more than they bargained for when we asked them “you wanna go for a walk?” Half way back up the mountain they were looking at me like I had lost my mind and O’Malley’s tail was dragging the ground behind him. WIMPS! Along the way we found several ripe blackberries so I made a deal with Travis – if he picked them (I have an aversion to thorns) I would make a blackberry cobbler! I didn’t have to twist his arm…he went right back down the mountain and picked every single one in sight. Since I was doing dessert, I thought I would go ahead and do dinner as well with a fabulous chicken pot-pie recipe that I got from GG (with a few alterations). The cobbler is by no means “light” – it contains one whole stick of real butter. Paula Dean would be proud of me!! And of course you need ice-cream to make it complete; that’s where I attempted to make it healthier by going with the “light, low-fat, frozen yogurt.” I’m not sure how many calories it saved, but I can justify it with the fact I got my fresh fruit serving for the day. Doesn’t get any fresher or better than “just picked.” Everyone enjoyed their bowl
Kay enjoying a full belly
as we watched the sunset over the mountains. A fabulous ending to a glorious day.
Travis relaxing with the sunset
I can only hope Teeny’s was as enjoyable. This should have been her first day out hiking!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i eat all of this stuff that ya'll make...i'm gonna have to walk12-15 miles a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm definitely more about butter and berries than I am about rafting over rapids! I'll take a bowl of that, please!