Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mom's turn: America's Most Wanted

Okay…the washer is STILL out and the clothes are overtaking my world. SOOO – on to the friendly laundry mat…what was I thinking?!?!?!?! Being the only person of the female gender, which was surprising, and definitely the only one of Scandinavian origin, I ventured in at dark. DUH. But when the option of running around naked or doing laundry at a public facility faces you, you tend to loose your senses and jump right in. I ran in to wash only, as my dryer is in perfect working order, and was immediately accosted by a very large, dark, gentleman in a bandana standing guard at the door playing Mrs. Packman!!!!!!!!!! I hurriedly threw the two loads in and ran back to the car to lock myself in and wait there. That did not detour others that came knocking on the window trying to get my attention and get me out of the car…ahhhhhhh. Okay – coast is clear and the spin cycle has got to be finished. I dash inside – while struggling with the exceptionally heavy clothes – again…what was I thinking?!?!?!?! – Mr. Bandana follows me out to my car. Talking the entire time while I, on the other hand, am ignoring him, I jump in the car and take off…he then attempts to pursue me ON HIS BIKE! This has got to be a joke – thank goodness for great horsepower and refined oil!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

O. My. Goodness.

Please do not venture into the laundromat again at night and without an armed male guard. Pretty please.

And bring a load of laundry or two with you when you come to scrapbook tomorrow! We can multi-task!