Friday, April 4, 2008

Mom's Turn: Always Wear Clean Underwear

Mamma always told me to wear clean underwear incase I got in a car accident or something. That, however, has been impossible these past two weeks! Oh – let me clarify…thankfully we all have enough underwear that those have been clean so far; it’s the sports bras and soccer uniforms that are giving me trouble. In the middle of the first load of weekend laundry duty the washer DIED last Saturday!Left with stinky sports clothes full of suds, I rinsed what we needed immediately for the game by hand and put the rest on towels to dry out a bit. Later I put those same items…stinky sports clothes…in the dryer to keep them from molding. Uh, can you say MISTAKE – nothing like over-heated old sweat. GROSS. It had the laundry room smelling so bad that even fabreeze didn’t work! On top of that - the washer is sitting full of very dirty water that now smelles like sewer with bleach mixed in it.SOOOO – since they laundry facilities are less than a year old I called for a repair guy and was routed through India. I was very confused since I thought Frigidaire was an American product! Let me just tell you that Customer Service from India is a NIGHTMARE…and I still don’t have my washer back. I have, however, made several new friends, both in India and at the Laundromat – that’s for another post.

0 comments: