Thursday, April 3, 2008

Mid-fielders RULE!!!



I LOVE soccer! I have been playing soccer since kindergarten. My favorite position is midfield.
“In association football, a midfielder is a player whose position of play is midway between the attacking strikers and the defenders (highlighted in blue on the diagram). Their main functions are to dispossess (tackle) the opposing team, to retain possession of the ball, and to feed it to the strikers, and perhaps, to score as well. Some midfielders play a more defensive role, while others blur the boundaries between midfielders and strikers. The number of midfielders a team uses during a match may vary, depending on the team's formation and each individual player's role. The group of midfielders in a team is called the midfield.”


This weekend we are going to Alexandria for a tournament. Not only do I play soccer but I also reff it, which is not nearly as fun!

0 comments: