Monday, March 17, 2008

Mom's turn: I'm back with more from Colorado

Okay…pictures from yesterday were a bust – Teeny failed to bring her camera-to-computer adapter as I requested and all pictures were taken with her camera before I realized this! So for a quick recap – the day was fabulous!!! My nephews and my daughter got their “ski legs” much faster than the rest of us and were hitting the free-ski terrain and the jib park bright and early. As the day wore on, my HH got brave and he decided he needed to do it as well! He still thinks he’s 20…but today proved differently, he could hardly move after yesterday’s stunts! Today I brought the video camera out to catch more jumps, but after gimping through some warm up runs, my hubby and DD came back to the condo for lunch and stayed put while my SIL, Kay, and I took her youngest son back out on the slopes.
just the girls...
When they got rested they came back out to join us, but by then I was exhausted and ready for warmth. We were expected to receive 20 inches of snow here – I think that’s more than I’ve seen in a decade!
this is a house burried to it's roof in snow as seen from our 3rd story condo!
However, the weather couldn’t seem to make up its mind today so it made it very hard to dress appropriately…the sun would come out and you would heat up and start to sweat and peel extra layers off, then the clouds and snow would come and freeze the sweat to your body and you would get chilled while trying to replace the previously peeled layers!!!! AHHHH…back to the condo for a hot shower, Advil, and wine!
in pj's and ready to rest...Samson is happy to see us.
Something to look forward to each evening, however, was the fact that I didn’t have to cook!! I have the BEST brother-in-law in the world…he happens to be a chef and owns a restaurant in Jackson, MS called Foodie’s. As luck would have it, he sent tons of healthy, precooked food for us to simply heat and enjoy.
delicious pork tenderloin
black rice with red bell-peppers & sweet potatos served cold
fresh green beans
I can’t think of a better way to unwind and prepare for what tomorrow has to hold…uh, hopefully a camera will be included in the fun :-D

0 comments: