Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mom's turn: Colorado SHOPPING DAY!

This was our extra day…we spent it shopping in the quaint little town of Crested Butte, which is actually at the bottom of the mountain. All the girls gathered with giggling anticipation! And the boys followed along in search of food.
Kay, Christina, Elen & Karson
Christina, Travis & Elen
The weather couldn’t have been better…although it was cold, it was postcard perfect. The snow was measured in feet, which in incomprehensible to a Southerner!
the snow was almost as tall as I am in places
My purchase was a new pair of boots – and an absolutely perfect purchase it was, too!! My toes were frozen, but after I got my new boots I was able to walk all over the mountain without a care in the world. Wonderful while we wandered around in search of the perfect new fetish for Christina. She found just the right ones to add to her collection – a cougar made from Colorado lapis lazuli and a small beaver.
no bigger than my fingernail...amazing that the artist can carve such details
We ended the day by picking up our boots and skis in anticipation of an early start on the slopes tomorrow…then the boys, Kyle, Kristian, and Kole, spent the evening tubing while Kay and I enjoyed a drink as we watched. Now that’s the perfect ending to a fabulous day! Off to bed for another early start!

Chocolate raspberry martini...helps to keep you warm in the snow

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos. I can't imagine such snow! That martini looks yummy - hope you got the recipe to share!