Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mom's turn: Heffalump Obsession

Anyone who knows me well knows about my gianormous elephant collection; a love that I inherited from my mother when she passed away in 1982. Therefore, most of the gifts I receive originate from some sort of twist concerning “the most unusual elephant” to add to my collection. Recently, my friend Sara purchased something for me combining elephants along with my other love – supporting a cancer cause. It was an ID holder from Vera Bradley with pink elephants all over it.

Pink Elephants are on a mission! These pretty pachyderms pack a powerful reminder – they’re our newest mascots in the fight against breast cancer. With trunks held high for good luck and hope, Pink Elephants products help raise research funds for theVera Bradley Foundation.

It came just in time for my vacation to Colorado so that I could carry something small on the slopes and have something to purchase those wonderful Irish coffees with!!

The pink elephant pattern brought back vivid childhood memories of a scene from my favorite Disney movie, Pink elephants on parade in Dumbo. I fell SO in love with it that I instantly hit eBay and started surfing for more items adding a book cover, pen, purse, and mint tin (full of little pink mints). Unfortunately, purchasing them this way did not help support their research, but I knew I just finished a race for the cause so I don’t feel too guilty!







1 comments:

Unknown said...

Loads of Lovely heffaLumps! Now Where's the Woozles? Whoops - I think one is rolling along my floor right now! Get the broom!