Monday, December 8, 2008

Mom's turn: my birthday wishes came true

My fantastically talented daughter finished the necklace she gifted me for my birthday. It turned out so beautiful…but of course I’m not surprised. Her talent has taken off and I’m lucky enough to reap the rewards. She stitched my necklace with iridescent hexagon beads and turquoise seed beads in a Russian spiral pattern. She left it up to me to pick the colors and charm and she chose the pattern. I also found the most delicately carved silver holder to go with it where she takes her lessons, The Bead Company. I was so enchanted with the finished product that I needed a chance to show it off, pajamas just didn’t do it justice! So I made reservations at the Melting Pot for a mother/daughter dinnerwhere we had the cheese and chocolate special. I must admit that the cheese was great, but the yin-yang chocolate was to DIE for!!!!!!! We even had seconds on the dippers!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

georgeous!!! yall look like sisters!!

Unknown said...

The necklace is so beautiful. Christina is quite talented, I definitely agree. Love Melting Pot and LOVE the yin-yang dessert! Mmmm.....