Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mom's turn: Now what????

hmmm - kind of put a crinkle in the reading room space. Will have to rethink the furniture arrangements.
Sooooo – I inherited my MIL’s piano. Wonderful!! I don’t play piano though…so now what? I KNOW!!! A place for more elephants to be displayed :-D Perfect!

Kidding! First step – a good cleaning! My MIL passed away two years ago and it hasn’t been touched since…so the two year layer of dust must go. Then after the holidays I have a friend who tunes pianos, so hopefully I can get it serviced and ready for brilliant music to come streaming out of it - I've always wanted to learn, but it may be too late. I remember NOTHING about music from high school classes, unfortunately. I have a friend that teaches piano…hmmmm, how ready am I to totally humiliate myself!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have faith n u! i took piano for 4 years & remember not a thing except a song that my mom taught to me. it's soooooooooooooooooo old that nobody knows the name. we don't know who taught it to my granny & so on!
i will send you a video of the song as i can play it so it can be one of your first songs too! :)

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE A PIANO!!
HOW NICE, YOU MAY COME TO LOVE IT!
ONCE YOU POLISH IT, IT'S YOUR YOU KNOW!! HAHA
AJ