Friday, December 12, 2008

Mom's turn: Uh...I live WHERE?

Okay – I thought I lived in south Louisiana…but I woke up yesterday morning in a fairytale winter wonderland! It was SNOWING –

Samson was confused..."this isn't my back yard!"

and not a wet and wimpy snow like we’ve had once or twice before, but a full blown snow storm! I think they said we ended up getting 3 inches in our area, but it sure felt and looked like more!

in pajamas...boy were we prepared!

It was AWESOME!!!! We all woke up to see the extraordinary event…before dawn (that was impressive enough, but were smiling too!!).

good thing we had finished knitting our hats - who knew there would be a snowstorm!?!?!?!?!

We played and ate and photographed until we were numb




then we went inside to watch from the warmth and comfort of the couch.

Samson decided to get warm in MY purple quilt...who said I would share ;-)

Teeny’s favorite part was NO SCHOOL!!!!!!! :-D See, she has a nice teacher after all!!! And the view of the snow stuck to the side of the giant pine trees across the street. Later, when it had cleared up a little, Travis, Samson & I went driving around to see the various snow men and get in the Christmas spirit.
this fine example was our neighbor's snowman






I must say it was very inspiring…I went home, wrapped presents, and finished my Christmas cards while sipping on eggnog :-D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! LOVE Travis' hat! :::giggle:::

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe the snow! Thanks for sending the pictures, and we hope you, Travis and Christina have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

And when are you coming out West again? We would love to see all of you.

Karl

Anonymous said...

teehee! i saved the text message that you sent to me that morning!"OMG it's snowing!!!!!"
would you like me to send you some deicer juuuuust n case????

i love ur tan smiling faces n jammies! wish you could've put that ellie in the front yard & lit 'er up!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and Travis and Christina!
The pictures of the snow are beautiful! How exciting that it actually snowed there.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year.

Love,
Claire