Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mom's Turn:Good Student

Today I decided to venture out and take a cooking class. It was put on by Beth, who also does other fitness training, at Whole Food's Market. She cooked several yummy and healthy things and we got to participate and taste test everything as we went along...I was in charge of mincing garlic! But the Sangria made it worth it!! She also brought the odd ingredients in their original packages and told us where they were located in the store. I thought this was a fantastic help, as that's one of the most daunting things about new recipes for me! Afterwards she gave us all of the recipes printed out and a neat little fact sheet about the healthy benefits of several ingredients. It was fun and sent me home with motivation to write a grocery list and attempt some of my new found recipes.

Whole Food's has a wonderful kitchen area upstairs


ahhh, remembering what school was like - all those notes!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I did not know WF had cooking classes! Let me know if you do it again - maybe I can go, too!