Thursday, May 1, 2008

The best mommy of the year award

Well – my family has definitely outdone themselves this year! For Mother’s Day they got me the most fantastic and unique “elephant gift” possible…a painting done by an elephant in Thailand, Sri-Siam.










This will be my most treasured gift in my elephant collection for sure; not only is it beautiful, but part of the proceeds go to help the elephants at the conservation center. The best win-win situation in my heart! Elephant art became more famous recently with the video on YouTube and National Geographic of Hong painting her “Elephant Self Portrait”, but I have been watching these animals paint and had a desire for some of their art work for years. I’m glad the world knows a little bit more about it now. Perhaps more people will be intrigued with it as I was and be able to help these gentle giants.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest thing! When will (or did) your painting arrive? Can't wait to see it in person!