Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mom's turn: Ginger surprises

My yard has been full of delightful surprises...the treat of moving into an older house with an already established landscape. First came the shampoo ginger, or zingiber zerumbet, in the back yard, and now we have shell ginger, or alpinia zerumbet, in the front yard. Not only does it have a delightful waterfall of flowers that hang right outside of my window, it seems as if I could use it for several ailment cures as well:

HERBAL PROPERTIES AND ACTIONS

· lowers blood pressure
· relieves pain
· kills bacteria
· kills insects
· kills fungi
· relieves spasms
· kills candida
· reduces pain
· reduces pain
· antioxidant

* http://www.rain-tree.com/shell-flower.htm

I’ll keep that in mind, but I’m hoping that I don’t need first hand knowledge of them.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Brooke is expecting you to make some shampoo from your shampoo ginger. :^)