Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom's Turn: Mother's Day

I can't even begin to describe how I feel as a mother. It's times like this when I wish I were more versed in fancy words like Keats instead of plodding along on the typewriter attempting to tell the world just how blessed I am. However my DD deserves my most modest attempt at bragging...so here it goes:

It started with a phenominal gift - a painting done by a male elephant at the Thia conservation center.

Which Ibrought to be framed and matted and cannot wait to post more about it when it finds it's "perfect spot" on the wall.

And continued with pampering to make mom feel beautiful with fancy fingers and feet.

Nothing feels better than when someone else bends over to do your toes!

Then waking to the most wonderful snuggles and smiles...knowing that if the world ended today, I had it ALL!!! My "priceless" moment - my teenage daughter still adores me (sometimes).

On to IHOP for my favorite, Swedish pancakes of course, and then to church to be sweetly reminded to find joy in my every day life as a stay-at-home-mom...even when my toes aren't done and my hair is a mess and I'm drowning in laundry - I am blessed.
And back home to relax the rest of the day...I couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you for making me a Mom!!!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful daughter, beautiful Mommy! Sounds like your day was completely delightful! (You guys must have gone to 10 o'clock service - we slinked in at noon.)