Friday, February 13, 2009

Mom's turn: Just a swingin'

My HH decided to try his hand at a new art, timber framing. Of course I was excited because I will be able to lounge in his finished product! This was an incredibly large undertaking, but I was amazed at how he made each joint like a pro! He spent hours planning, measuring, drilling, and chiseling the giant pieces of timber. I was enjoying his efforts until it came time for the “raising” of the structure…oh my, how intimidating!! With Christina on one side of the massive frame and me on the other, Travis started directing the placement so that the joints aligned enough that he could pound them in place with a mallet. I AM SUPERWOMAN!!! Well – Samson thinks so, anyway. Now we can all relax because he hung my cedar swing that he surprised me with from the Swamp Fest a few years ago…YAY!




Time to relax, right??? Not quite. His next venture was a “swing-in movie” – how cool is that on a beautiful clear, warm, winter night!!!! He has a projector he uses with his business presentations; with a quick surround sound adaptor set-up and a nice Egyptian cotton sheet, uh hum…grrrr, we had our own back yard theater. Of course his first movie choice was a Pink Floyd concert. I must admit – quite amazing in surround sound!






O'Malley found his spot


So feeling like he was on a roll, and while the weather was cooperating, he decided to start the picket fence he wants for the back yard,




fix the leaking pipe outside of the office, and fill in our very own personal moat that we’ve had for over a year.




WHEW, now it’s time to rest and enjoy our fabulous new paradise! I couldn’t have asked for a better Valentine’s weekend.






Now it's time to relax!



0 comments: