Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mom's turn: Across the generations

We’ve been blessed so many ways this past year, but one in particular is by sharing with our ancestors. I’ve already mentioned that we inherited a piano from my MIL, but we also got a wonderful dining room suit with pieces from my mother-in-law, grandmother-in-law, and great-grandmother-in-law,
each seat was beautifully handstitched in a different floral pattern by Christina's great-great-grandmother as a gift. we are going to remove them from the chairs and frame them to hang as a collage on the far wall...a wonderful way to bring a bit of the garden inside year-round
a fabulous China set and a beautiful wing back chair from my great-grandmother-in-law,
i love to sit and knit in this chair knowing that Great-Great did the same thing all those years before me...
and several hand stitched quilts and knitted afghans from both great-grandmother-in-laws. We also used our Christmas money from my FIL to purchase curtains to finish up the room! I’m so excited – our house is starting to look like a home.
the finishing touch - my husband brought in some camellias from our garden to make the dinner table beautiful!

0 comments: