Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Birthday Blues

Our plans for Teeny’s birthday fell through…she’s been dreaming of skydiving for 11 years now, and we were going to do a 3 generation dive (Judy was flying in). TWO MONTHS AGO (I called last week to book the dives, what cruddy timing) the laws changed and you now have to be 18 to do a tandem dive. Disappointment of the 11 year plan crumbling doesn’t begin to describe her emotions for her sweet 16! And needless to say we had nothing else planned because that was going to be so expensive. So now we must rally and find other things to be happy about. Instead she got an aquarium, a new set of pajamas (Travis called it her “birthday suit”), a gold “Sweet 16” necklace charm & chain, and a new purple iPod nano. We also took her to the bank to open her own checking account, Starbucks for an afternoon snack after picking Trevor up to spend the afternoon with her, and then we all went to eat at LaShish, her choice for her birthday dinner. It was Mao's first time to eat Lebanese food, but she enjoyed the shrimp and gyros. GG came with us there as a surprise and Kazum (the owner) had a special birthday cheesecake waiting just for her!!I think we managed to regroup and have lots of fun anyway. Now if I can recover from the shock of having a 16 year old…

“Today was my birthday! I had a great b-day! We picked up my bf and hung out at my house for a while, and then we went out to eat. It was awesome. We went to eat at my favorite restaurant, Lashish, where they surprised me with a VERY cute birthday cake with a fairy on top. I got some awesome b-day presents including a beautiful sweet 16 golden necklace, a purple iPod, some cute pj’s, a fish tank, and some yummy dark chocolate! It was the best birthday I could wish for.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh look at all of my pretty girls!
TEENY, you are an amazing young lady! ELEN, you have been my soul sister since 4th grade!!motherhood is very beautiful on you. MAO, i have never met you, but if your smile tells me one thing it tells me that you are as happy as I AM with those blond girls! and....thanks for picking such a wonderful angel TRAVIS! you done good! I WISH i could have brought my carpool down south to celebrate....but we are making snow angels here! maybe we can squeeze a car trip in somewhere before MAO has to go home.
hugs & kisses TEENY! we LOVE you

Unknown said...

ohhh..sniff sniff , chrissy you have to stop getting older than me .happy b-day beautiful

Anonymous said...

looks like Christina had a fabulous birthday and she looks beautiful!

Dori