Saturday, January 10, 2009

Real-Life Fairytale

Teeny has been dreaming about her first dance and last night she got her opportunity. She attended BRHS’s Winter Formal with her boyfriend. So I had my very own live fairytale princess at the end of the shopping/dressmaking/hair styling/and makeup drama week!! GIRLS! She couldn’t have looked more angelic when it was all said and done, though. How perfect is that for the very first try. And her boyfriend was quite dapper in his new tuxedo I might add.
Trevor
Of course I took at least a hundred pictures, but I'll only post a few :-D

"I had a lot of fun tonight. First, my boyfriend took me to eat at Bistro Byronz. That was nice since it was the first time other than a movie that we had gone out. I also had a cool time at the dance and he even danced with me! That was shocking :-D I saw a few of my soccer teammates and my friend Brenna was there, too.

Brenna

I was a little surprised that there was no decoration or anything, but I still had a nice time. The music was good; they had a D.J. hired from the station 94.1 and they played some of my favorite songs.

I also LOVED my dress. It was a vintage dress from the late 60’s or early 70’s that my grandma found and we had it altered to fit with a few changes to update it a touch. It was perfect when it was done!

My hair and shoes and nails were also great! My mom let me get my hair and nails done since I did not get a “new” dress (which I’m glad I didn’t anyway).

Mom called me "twinkle toes"

I spent many hours picking out the perfect hairdo and a pretty headband to go with it. I decided on a loose up-do like Taylor Swift had in one of her videos.And my hairdresser, Angela at Salon Boheme, did a GREAT job! It looked amazing and just like the style I picked out! I also spent a long time picking out shoes. We went to several different places and must have tried on a million pair, but we finally found my glass slipper at Dillard’s.

Daddy's girl - "thanks for making it all possible Daddy"

We thought we were going to go with silver shoes and accessories, but we ended up doing everything in a pale gold with pearl and rhinestone accents. They are about 4 inches, which my mom was a little concerned with because I am not that graceful. That put me over 6’ tall…good thing my boyfriend is tall too! My mom even let me borrow her diamond and pearl earrings and pearl bracelet! I felt like a princess…Thank you Mom & Dad."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I almost fainted ! Sooo beautiful!!!! Just like a movie star!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Very cool and she is beautiful! Loved the vintage gown and glad her updo turned out right. I tried that for my son's wedding and came out looking like Ivana Trump-needless to say I had to redo my updo!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Oh, that made me tear up! She is growing up so fast and she looked just beautiful!! I love the hair.
Heather

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful
MV

Anonymous said...

Very nice!
T

Unknown said...

She was SO beautiful! (Okay, she's always "so beautiful." But you know what I mean!) I had tears in my eyes looking at the pictures. She certainly did look like a princess. Cinderella would be jealous!

Anonymous said...

I am speechless!!!!!!!!!
AJ

Anonymous said...

awwww..... you look like a princess!!!!!!!







Brooke

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! definatelly cinderella
she looks like she just walked out of a fairy tale
Mel

Anonymous said...

Christina just looked gorgeous in her pics for the dance. I'm sure that it's very hard for you to believe that she's already 16.
Rhonda