Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mom's turn: Feeling TART-ish

I’m continuing with a challenge from a bloggy friend across the Pond that I found on Ginger’s page. It sounded right up my husband alley because he loves to research his family’s genealogy and I thought it would be a great “father/daughter” opportunity…however, he’s headed out of town bright and early in the morning. Sooo – since it was my idea, guess who gets to follow through :-/

Okay – that mentioned…I know nothing about his genealogy except that the Matheson’s are on his paternal side and he can trace them back to the Isle of Skye! And although it’s said "if your heart beats faster at the sound of the 'pipes, you must be Scottish,” which my heart certainly does, my genealogy consists of only Swedish and Cherokee Indian mix…how interesting! My parents made an odd couple indeed. I have been to the dinner play of Brigadoon, but I hardly think that qualifies me as Scottish :-D But it certainly doesn’t stop me from admiring the family tartan! Who would have thought that it would be something so complementary to a blond haired, blue eyed Swede, because YES, my daughter has inherited those traits from me. My family has always said that Swedish blood runs deep! Unfortunately like my friend Ginger, neither Travis nor Christina have any articles of clothing in their clan tartans. Something to strive for because I think it’s beautiful…and now I can “officially” wear it as a married clan member :-D

Matheson tartan

So, check here and then show us YOUR tartan!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that's a good looking tartan! I'll expect Teeny to be sewing her dad a kilt and sashes for you and for herself any day now. :^)

Romany said...

That is a very nice tartan!

I'm sure there are plenty of places you can order it from online!

Dorothy

Teeny said...

Thanks for the comments guys...I'm hoping to find the material online and let my daughter take a shot at sewing again. She really loves to do that, and now that we're all settled, that might just be the perfect "first project" to jump into again.