Saturday, July 14, 2007

Strange plants













I love strange plants; I have for a long time now. It all started with a cactus. The first one I had died young, it froze during winter as have many others L I have also had 2 Venus fly traps. They also died. At least I believe they did. I read in an article once that they occasionally die down in winter if it gets too cold then grow back up. Who knows? Right now I have 5 cacti and 3 other plants. The other plants are a hobby I have taken up from my grandma. She does it better than me. It is a Mini plant garden. My grandma gave me 2 and now I have just started another one. (My mom is not so happy because now they are invading our kitchen.)J One of my favorite plants and probably my oldest one just died in the moveL. It was called an air plant, because it basically lives on air. All you have to do is give it a sprits of water every now and then. It was in an elephant pot holder that is also not very happy.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some very cool plants! You do much better than I do - the only thing I've managed to not kill is the 7 year old ivy in my living room. And it has been "touch and go" a couple of times with that one! You and Brookie have the magic gardening touch, I guess!