Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mom's turn: And he irons, too!!!

We finally have finished bedrooms – it only took a year, but I think the wait was definitely worth it! Teeny stuck to her favorite colors, purple, blue & green theme, but updated the look with lots of details. The differences between Wal-Mart brand and department store is so much more than just the price…we have DETAILS:


feeling like a princess

Samson approves

pillows made by Teeny - amazing...a perfect match!

Loving the attention to details and craftmanship this company has:

great beads



organza flower tie-back that I found



SPARKLES...not sure who was more excited, me or Teeny :-D

and piping - so THAT'S what it's supposed to look like :-/

We also got daddy to hang a couple of pictures and a shelf, wahoooo! Now she’s just waiting on mom to find time to make her curtains :-/


We had her drawing framed with a purple mat of course...then Daddy's arwork is on the nightstand. WOW - a nightstand...who knew that was under all of the junk :-D

Travis and I went a little more traditional with gold and purple (uh, NO – not in honor of LSU even though we are tiger fans). I ordered everything before I went to Colorado and my hubby surprised me by ironing
wow - he needs to be house-dad...I didn't even know we OWNED an iron!!!

AND hanging all of the curtains. HE ROCKS!!!!!! Now we have lined curtains and the neighbor’s flood light no longer shines through the paper blinds we had hanging at 1am to wake us up…hmmm, perhaps that’s why he was so eager to get them up :-/




SWEET, matching tie-backs...don't look too close then you might see the paper blinds still hanging :-P



side note...I also sweet-talked him into hanging my "ladies" in the bedroom. What a perfect match!




whew...now we can rest in style!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the bedrooms look GREAT!!! Of course, I have to say I am embarrassed and ashamed of you ...not knowing you had an IRON FOR PETE"S SAKE!!! As if that's not enough, you actually POSTED IT!!!!!!!! Ugh!!!!!!! ;-P A true testament of your dress code...pjs and workout clothes! :-D
Love you,
Dori

Unknown said...

That's GREAT! I love the curtains in your bedroom! Very elegant.