Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mom's turn: MS Madness


The starting line in Hammond, LA at SLU

It’s hard to believe, but my hubby and I completed one more MS Tour for Cure 150…this year was dedicated to a wonderful friend of mine. We survived another year even though we rode in “unusually high temperatures” for October in the South – the mid 90’s.
"Biker nerd" essentials, as my hubby calls them - he's just jealous because he doesn't look as svelte as I do! :-D

It was hot, but I kept my cool looking awesome sporting a new jersey for the year! Note the fabulous red, white and blue TREK jersey I won in Colorado at the 2007 TEVA Mountain Games.
prized TREK jersey...won in a MOD race at the TEVA games

At the start of day 1 - note the BIG smiles

My goal was to raise more money and ride farther than my 75.47 miles I did last year – and both were accomplished with a combined $560 and 100.47 miles. 1000 grapes, 150 miles, and 2 bikes with willing riders we helped get one step closer to the cure for multiple sclerosis.
lunch of champions...totally carbed and energized!

uh oh, where did the smile go??

Only suffering one iPod casualty and the loss of my pride as I crawled into the back of the S.A.G. truck, I am already excited about next year. Travis finished the entire thing...show-off!
loving every minute of it

Here he comes now...I'm so proud of you!!

It’s all made possible with the best support crew ever – my daughter and father-in-law. They camped out at Percy Quinn in his 5th wheeler so we would have a great place to get rested for the second day of the ride. And my darling daughter took care of our dogs so they could be part of the adventure as well. All were there to greet us with kisses on our arrival.
the warm welcome makes it all worth while

Thanks also to all of my friends and family who supported me financially, with encouraging words, and in your prayers. I couldn’t have done it without you!


Day two and still smiling!



Ready to get "back in the saddle again"

0 comments: