Friday, September 28, 2007

MY POTPOURRI

I love the smell of fresh citrus! It reminds me of my grandma a whole bunch, that and honey. A few months ago I decided to wing it and try and make potpourri! After eating the orange

This might have been the grapefruit that inspired it all

I ripped the orange peel into pieces and curled them.
on the cookie sheet at about 200 degrees for several hours (okay, until Mom remembered them!)

Of course you can’t stick them into the potpourri holder still wet because they would mold and ruin!! So you have to dry them. Drying them was easy because our oven actually has a dehydrator.
PERFECTION!

Here is a actual recipe on how to make potpourri.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/57761/making_homemade_potpourri_for_the_holidays.html



hmmm, perhaps we need to eat some more oranges to fill up the bowl

0 comments: