Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mom's turn: Dinner anyone?

Well who knew…I can actually cook thanks to The Supper Studio. This has been a fabulous experience that has put “fun” in the kitchen for me and enticed me to actually use my phenomenal stove that everyone tells me I have.
Menu items:
Oven baked BBQ chicken
Grilled chicken chiladas
Chicken stir fry


Pecan crusted chicken
Lemon rosemary pork chops
Adobo pork tenderloin
Shrimp & andouille griller (notice I even broke out the fine China for this meal!)
Jazz fest crawfish
Tilapia in caper butter sauce
Beef scallopini n sherry beurre blanc
Feta & sun dried tomato meatloaf
Pesto kabobs
Ravioli with sun dried tomato marinara

These were from the August menu – it changes every month. The concept is unique: 1) choose the menu items you want ahead of time 2) make and pay for session appointment 3) show up for session time and assemble food 4) take home and freeze to be enjoyed when you are ready.

The way the store is set up is each customer has their own refrigerator full of the meat necessary to prepare the items they chose and store the prepared meal until ready to leave. And then each menu item has its own station full of all of the ingredients necessary to prepare that meal. So you may need something unique to a gourmet meal, but with this model you don’t have to buy an entire product to get the little amount you may need for the recipe and have the rest go bad because you wouldn’t be able to use it in a timely manner. And everything has turned out scrumptious!!

Most meals come complete with one side like a pasta dish. But I have found each one easy to complete with a side of veggies, roll, or salad and the petit dozen makes plenty to feed three very athletic and hungry adults!


This is actually a picture of a meal I made myself...I'm gaining confidence!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're making me hungry! All the food sounds and looks delicious. Will you be doing it again?

Teeny said...

DEFINITELY!!! Wanna come along?