Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom's turn: A Mother's Treat

This was a particularly special Mother’s Day…I was a mom of two beautiful young ladies, Christina and Mao! What a special blessing – if only for a brief time. And they sure know how to pamper and spoil me and make me feel like a queen! Teeny started with an entire weekend of special treatment on Saturday! She gave me a foot rub, neck rub, manicure and pedicure, and cooked me dinner (complete with homemade stuffed mushrooms that she had planned and shopped for!) on a beautifully set table with some fresh magnolia flowers for decoration. Sunday, Travis fixed me breakfast – my favorite “runny eggs on toast,” a long time name of what I didn’t know was poached eggs when I was young, Mao gave me roses, and everyone gave me cards. Then we went to a wonderful Sunday service dedicated to the women in Jesus’ lineage and I received another gift from the ladies at church – a flower pen. Afterwards, we went to one more spot…La Madeline’s where I got my favorite soup in the world, tomato basil. Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a beautiful family!!

0 comments: