Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mom's turn: Kentucky Derby Fun

Steve and Ginger had their first annual Kentucky Derby party. It was great to see all of everyone all dressed up
Christina & Brooke
and of course the fabulous hats!
Elen & Janet
Elen & Ginger...the hostest with the MOSTEST
We enjoyed eating, visiting, and watching the race…all two minutes of it :-D
My fabulous HH!! I love that smile
We placed a bet and our horse came in 14/19; as if I needed a reason not to gamble, that was definitely reinforcement. Travis and I are obviously not very good at it. Good thing it only cost us one dollar!! And, surprisingly, I won “fanciest hat” in the contest that was held.
My prize was the authentic 2009 derby cup
I was delighted, however Travis said since my hat was prize-worthy I didn’t need a new one next year! :-/ HEY!

Elen & Connie...she won "most creative" hat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!!! u looked absolutly fab in your hat!!! OMG the bear!!!!!! yall looked like yall had a grat time...once again i can live through your trips since all mine end up watching softball
Mel

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think next year you may have more competition! You've elevated the bar! :^D Glad you guys could come! You and your honey were the "king and queen" of the Derby! You always shine, Mrs. E! Even in PJs.
Ginger